Scholarship and examination opportunities are something I try to promote to all my students as much as possible. It’s important that a student builds up a “resume”, if you will, before attending a university or college.
Here some recommendations”
- RCM Examinations
- Local music festival networks, (for students)
- Local symphonies and woodwind ensembles, (some offer performance and scholarship opportunities)
- Ask your music school teacher, and or band/jazz band teacher
- Local universities and or colleges, sometimes will allow younger performers to join, and of course offer scholarship opportunities
- Take lessons from a music school, or private instructor, that offers their own scholarships, or that can connect you to those opportunities.